Monday, March 30, 2009

The real pizza whore?













I think this lady might be the real pizza whore. Check out the seduction. She's covering her bosom with a pizza missing a slice in the most opportune location! There might be a whole new fashion concept in her style: pizza as clothing. Strange but, you must a admit, a little exciting, no? 

About Bella Faccia herself: her pizza was mediocre and unmemorable, nothing special. No zest in the sauce and no zing in the toppings. Me and the Bella Faccia had no chemistry. I might have set my expectations too high -- she was the one pizzeria on Alberta (besides Hot Lips, sorry, I'm loyal to the EcoTrust location), so I was hoping and praying she'd come through. On yelp.com, 3 (of 21) reviews claimed she had "the best pizza in Portland." Wrong, plain wrong. One of the reviewers even hailed from NYC. Blasphemy! The reviewers must be part owners. 

We ordered take-out with olives, onions, fresh tomatoes and basil but the flavor was just not there. The slices are huge and inviting, but there was no follow through to keep me wanting more. I know good flavor when I can take three bites without remembering to add crushed red pepper (which I love). My first bite wasn't even chewed before I was compelled to add my own zing. Bummer. But lady, thanks for trying! If she lived around the corner, I might say hi more often, but I'm sticking to my trusty favorite: Mississippi Pizza Pub (who I'm sure will have several up-coming appearances on Apizza Whore, so stay tuned).  

Footnote: My friend and fellow pizza-lover joined me for this tasting, and his opinion was contrary to mine. He said it got a solid "good" rating. If you're tempted, go try for yourself!    

 

4 comments:

  1. Really? Mississippi pizza pub? Heavens. Almost anywhere is better. Though it may be close, it's unremarkable at best. Domino's makes a better Pizza.

    You have a lot of work ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Dominos made pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mississippi Pizza Pub is up there as my favorite not because it's the best pizza in town (I don't make that claim), but because it is close, convenient and cozy to me. Proximity to one's home surely taints a person's ability to objectively judge (see yelp.com reviews). I am determined to distinguish between "favorite" and "best" because there are so many other factors at play besides the pie itself when reviewing a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worst. Pizza. Ever. Bad. Pretentious. Non-service. Hate. It. Oh, and the beer kind of sucks, too.

    ReplyDelete