Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lucky Lab Leftovers

I'm eating leftover cold pizza for breakfast -- not quite for breakfast, but to hold me over til my late Sunday Brunch. This sliver, that I shaved from the HUGE slice is covered in 3 whole roasted garlic cloves, from from last-night's visit to the new Lucky Lab on Killingsworth! Good morning Garlic!

I met a friend at this Lucky Lab last night, not for pizza per se, but we (two harsh pizza critics) ended up ordering pizza. I had no expectations. I was famished after a Saturday of playing in the garden and swimming, so I was in no mood to be picky -- I was ready to eat a lot of food. Their pizza doesn't get any award by me, but it was yummy and FILLING. That's the take-home message: Lucky Lab pizza, with more cheese and toppings than crust. Must use fork. With a pint of their "Overlook Amber" (a tasty brew named for my neighborhood), I could only stomach one piece. If I were sensitive to dairy, (MAB) I wouldn't have made it through even the one.

Alas, I have a fondness for the Lucky Lab in my heart because I went there once a week, to their SW location, during my first year in law school. Why the Lucky Lab? Not sure, because the food was boring and the beer was just okay. And it was definitely not for the pizza. But we loved it. I'm bummed, though, that their newest location isn't yet covered with photos of the local Labradors! Come on Overlook, let's post our pups!

Here's my labrador mix: (Sky). She is not a pizza whore, but she would be if I let her.
(Photo by Evan)







No comments:

Post a Comment